Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Dear Sweet Friends, 

This is a letter that I have taken a long time to finally sit down and write. It’s a hard one. You all know my heart best and know that I have been to Haiti to serve alongside Respire Haiti for 3 of the 4 times that I have been to Haiti. I have fallen in love with the organization and with the people of the community we serve.

I write this letter to inform you that on my last trip to Gressier, I was asked to be a part of the RH team. I am completely honored and humbled by this opportunity. I have been praying about this since I returned and feel like this is something that I just can't pass up. I will be serving alongside RH and using my Doula skills in hopes to educate women on natural birth. I will also love to serve the widows (young and old) by joining them in a weekly Bible Study. There is so much encouragement that needs to be shared. Another role is to serve the Respire Haiti Christian School. I am so excited to get to know all 300+ students on more of a personal level. The idea of serving the community of Gressier makes my heart pound. My heart yearns to serve the people and build lifetime relationships. 

“The vision of Respire Haiti is founded on the principles of sustainability and empowerment. Respire Haiti’s mission is to encourage, educate and empower the people of Gressier, Haiti so that they are a successful, self-sustaining community. Respire Haiti was founded by 24 year old Megan Boudreaux.  After visiting Gressier only one time before for about 45 minutes, God began working in her heart.  Later when she returned to the United States, He began to pull her heart back towards Gressier and the children there.  In December of 2010, God gave her a vision for this community and their children. With so many children not in school and so many families struggling to provide for their kids, she moved to Gressier permanently in January of 2011 and began helping the children and people of Gressier. “

I am honored to join Jesus and RH to serve in Gressier. Please join me in prayer as I prepare my heart for this. I will be leaving the last week in September and as of right now, I’m not sure of the duration of my journey. However, I will be diligent in keeping you updated through facebook (Jessi White) and my blog (www.jessikayde.blogspot.com).

If you would like to be apart in financially supporting me, you can go to www.RespireHaiti.org, click on “donate now”, click on the "greatest need" box, and put my name in the comment tab. All donations through RH are tax deductible. There is also a choice to mail locally to my mom (Pepper White) at 2956 March St. Zachary,La 70791. For support through Prayer or financially, I will be forever grateful. What an honor it is to serve! When you support me you are supporting Respire Haiti and the people of Gressier. Their lives will be forever changed because of what the Lord is doing!

Thank you for your unwavering love and support,
jessi white

“Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.”
                                                                      Romans 12:9-13


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

just jessi

My photo
so. im simple. its not about me, all the time i find that when i get in the way of what the Lord is trying to do...things get messed up. i try to love on others. i have great friends that i am very proud of and my family is the iron that sharpens me.