Sunday, April 21, 2013

home.

so, i have been home for almost 2 months now. Goodness, time flies.
i have been slammed since returning home.

i was greeted with lots of family and friends at my parents house the night i returned. it was the sweetest homecoming. lots of tears were shed when i saw my nieces and nephews. lots of tears were shed thinking about how extremely blessed i am.  How the Lord has blessed me with amazing family and friends. me? wow. so humbled by His love.  i got to hug my Queen and my night was made!  my sweet friend kameryn put together a banner and everyone from church signed it. i felt extremely loved bc of this.



2 days after i returned, i was honored to be apart something that the Lord used to teach me more than i could ever imagine. just bc i was home and "comfortable" didn't mean for me to stop serving. i am called to a life of service. whereEVER or whenEVER that might be.  He showed me that He will provide. He gives strength. He's there. always. honored and humbled to be apart of that day.
that day led to a couple more days and my family was able to love in a different way. it was just beautiful. they stepped up and loved. no questions asked. just loved.

i started working at Avery Lane Salon in Zachary and i have had a blast. i love the girls i work with and i am so thankful for my clients. its been fun to be back in the salon! im so thankful!

i had the opportunity to share the wedding day of Lana and Myrt. what an honor it was to stand as a bridesmaid. it was a beautiful weekend and my best gal was a beautiful bride. we had a blast and i have to say the Ben Morris danced his tail off along with the rest of my amazing family!! oh the joy! a night to remember! with pre-wedding stuff, came showers and an awesome beach trip with cool friends and even the Elton John concert!!!











another thing that has been keeping me busy is an amazing group of girls. i was asked to coach a 12 and under softball team. as much as i wanted to say NO, bc i had just gotten home, i really believe that this was apart of Gods plan for me on adjusting back. i can honestly say that these girls and their awesome parents has been a huge part of my heart being happy to be back home. i love serving as their coach. they teach me something new every time i am with them. GO MUD DIGGERS!



i made it home just in time for PROM. cami, ali and hunter went to Silliman Prom and of course were the best looking ones there!!




ive been spending lots of time with Ben and Colby and they both have completely stolen my heart.








we've gone to the Zoo in Nola, the Strawberry Festival, have had plenty of crawfish, a night of bowling, birthday celebrations and plenty of FUN!  even today (april 21), i just got home from Alabama where i got to share with the whole Morris clan the wedding of jordan and austin!! such a fun weekend and what a beautiful bride!!! on the way home from Alabama ben and i "stopped" in Lafayette to share with Meg and Josh (from Haiti) a post-wedding party!! it was sooooo awesome to see them!!




















i have loved every second of this time spent with them as well as my dear family. they have made the adjustment way easier. what has also made the adjustment easier is that my family and ben got to come to Haiti and now know my heart. they know. i don't have to explain things bc now, they know. they know that even though i love being here with family and friends that a huge part of my heart is in Gressier. they get it now and they join me and my heart in that!  How thankful i am to the Lord for allowing us to be apart of something so huge. furthering the Kingdom. encouraging one another. building each other up... in Haiti, with-in our own communities, our own families. its amazing what the Lord can do through you when you say "yes". it becomes a ripple effect. HE does it. not us. HIM. i pray that this will continue through generations to come. that the Lord will be high and lifted up. always and forever. this gets me super excited about Heaven. this is what its about. share life. share your heart. share Jesus. 











NOW, let me back up 2 months ago to my last week in Haiti and tell you all what an amazing week it was!!!
the minute my darling sister heard that the plane was just minutes from landing on Haitian soil, she started to cry. i was waiting patiently outside of the doors and when she turned the corner, nothing stopped her. she ran as fast as she could to me and with her lovable arms she wrapped me up and we both sobbed. oh, the love. oh my heart. it was a dream come true to have my hero with me, by my side. she kept hugging and kissing me over and over. snot and all. it was a beautiful reunion. from then, i hugged my two precious cousins and then david dart (he was a trooper).  i really couldn't believe they were in Haiti!!!















on the 2 hour ride to Gressier, their eyes and hearts were overwhelmed by what they were seeing for the 1st time. we sat in silenced and they stared out the windows.
once in Gressier and at the RH house, it was ON!!!! they did not stop. they built tables, chairs, benches, and bunk beds. sanded. painted. cleaned. brittney led some amazing bible studies. amber went to school  and encouraged the teachers and students. kelli decorated the girls bedrooms and they all prepared the Kay Liberte house. david was building picnic tables in record timing!  they served with their whole bodies. every muscle. it was amazing!!
they loved with every ounce of the hearts.  for us as family to serve together in Gressier, alongside RH was a dream. i am very thankful that the Lord allowed us to serve together. He is so good. we were all extremely thankful.





2 days after my family arrived. Ben Morris arrived. this was honestly a nerve racking day for me. after not seeing him for 5 months, i had major butterflies (you can ask Megan). meg was with me as we were waiting for Ben to arrive. His plane was late so i had an hour to get myself together. i was so excited to see Ben but, at the same time i was sad bc i knew with him arriving i only had 1 week left in Gressier. I ran to greet Ben when i saw him walk out the double doors into the HOT haitian sun. he pick me up and hugged me so tight. i guess i can say that he was excited to see me as well. we were so very glad to see each other. his hug did my heart some good. the butterflies were gone. he was so excited to be in haiti and couldn't wait to get to gressier. i really couldnt believe he was in haiti.
once back to the RH house, he met everyone right away. he was so happy to finally put a face to everyone that i always talked about! ben loved on everyone like he had known them for years.

literally, as soon as we arrived ben got to work with david. they served with their hands the whole week together. it was awesome to see them serve together. kelli and i were so proud of them. and super proud to call them "ours".










the week with my family and ben is one that i really can't explain. to have them there was a dream come true. to serve alongside them, alongside RH, was simply a blessing that i am so very thankful for. to see my sister serve and love was very heart warming for me. she was amazing at it. her being my hero and seeing her get to do what her heart has longed to do was a miracle. i like to call it a miracle bc i really think it was.
serving alongside david and kelli and seeing them serve as husband and wife ... woah. that was amazing. they make a great team!! go team dart!!
my cousins had a blast! they stepped in and served without any questions asked. they were super easy and let God lead 100%.  my heart was completely full! im thankful. thankful. thankful. full of thanks.

we are blessed. 
the end. 

donate at RespireHaiti.org





No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

just jessi

My photo
so. im simple. its not about me, all the time i find that when i get in the way of what the Lord is trying to do...things get messed up. i try to love on others. i have great friends that i am very proud of and my family is the iron that sharpens me.